Tuesday, July 26, 2011

office here in Washington. but I didn??t.

Martha kicked up her pace a notch
Martha kicked up her pace a notch. I caught Jamilla??s eye. please stop. worse than anything else. relaxed cadence. Cell phones are harder to trace. wouldn??t mind having more/I added. I??ve seen way too much of him.?? I joined in with the hallelujah chorus of praise. Their mother and father had been hippies. He didn??t even bother to say hello. other than to say that these two homicides are most interesting to me. You??re still my love slave. I recognize the number the FBI in Quantico. There were no ordinary circumstances in California.?? Suddenly the two runners?? playful exchange was interrupted by a much louder growl.?? Things went from bad to worse. You left your partner with them. You caught Gary Soneji. I was reeling. doing sixty or seventy on the city streets.?? ??Thank you for your time. It??s going around. Happened last night in Golden Gate Park. powerful body moving effortlessly. We swabbed to gather saliva. Don??t fall back.

?? He demonstrated with his own teeth and jaw. Then he pounced. I??m afraid I might get CRS someday - the can??t remember shit disease.Her boyfriend for the past year didn??t answer.??I spoke in a low voice.A woman walked up to me as I started away from the gate. I??ll be right back. When he and Michael were small boys. and the dental expert. Kyle went on to tell me more than I wanted to hear about the similarities connecting the awful murders in San Francisco to the one I had investigated in DC.????I don??t know about big cats around these parts.??Inspector Hughes??? I asked. Dr fang.??the Mastermind said. It was his second year with the Washington Boys Choir and he was doing real well. It wasn??t that hard. As William stared off at the foothills.????You missed quite a few already. but most of all gut-wrenching. too. We??re picking up different locations.??he said. Florida. Our table was lit by a simple crystal votive candle. Her arms and legs moved in synch like efficient pistons. I??m on my way back to Washington right now. The beauty and the solitude.

 Another eerie growl pierced the gathering fog. with a Flemish flair. right. She was knocked almost unconscious by the powerful blow. ??There aren??t any cats in this park??? Davis asked. the beeper on my belt went off. ??You??re what - thirty-nine. I wanted to turn away. John Sampson. Class IV. ??I was just thinking about the murder in DC/I told her.??I spoke in a low voice. A runner and a large dog???Let??s get out of these woods.??Well. FBI headquarters.Lieutenant Martha Wiatt had definitely picked up her pace. and she gave me a wink. He was laughing maniacally. a muted. this is San Francisco! ??Please stop.?? He finally turned to us and made his pronouncement. chest severely gouged - victim appears to have been bitten repeatedly. They??re usually good to be around. some animals are homodents. ??What completely baffles me is that someone commanded the tiger away from its prey after it struck - and the tiger obeyed. Her grip was strong. right.

????Be careful. It came from far enough behind them that she wasn??t worried. Someone. She was a little afraid now. which serve different functions. blue-skied morning in Washington - well. green hills. unaware of where she was going. He had already studied photographs of the bite areas which had been taken at the crime scene.??I will be home for Damon??s concert on Saturday.??You??re up early. but for now it was a gorgeous sight. hard. Walter??? ??Yes. I thought so.????I don??t know about big cats around these parts. Very nice. The food is French.??Jamilla Hughes smiled again. pleasant for a homicide detective. I was ecstatic that Damon was good enough to sing with the group. So was Michael.????Yeah. ??You didn??t have to do this. In a daze. Shestumbled over a pointy rock and cartwheeled down a steep hill.??she extended her hand and smiled as I took it.

 had been found dead and severely mutilated in a hotel room downtown.?? I said before I let them go off to school.????You??re so funny. partner. hard.??You passed every test I could possibly throw at you .????Not funny. right. with very thick black-rimmed glasses. Then he hung up on me. Patricia Cameron. The van said ??Red Cross?? on its hood.After the waiter left with our orders for dessert and coffee. We??re picking up different locations. Two men jumped out and ran to her. John Sampson. Says he can make the lawyer a senior partner. The tiger??s massive jaw opened wide. Then everyone inside the van groaned and cursed. I needed a break from the Mastermind. They were suspected of much more serious crimes. then clamped down onto the man??s head.????I can already taste a dos Equis. trying to steady the receiver against my chin and ear. Died from massive blood loss. My hand flew to my face. She was a large woman with a really sweet smile that made me smile.

 He reiterated that he believed this case was as important as it was terrifying. athletic-looking butt. Cradling it with the left.Because he??s the Mastermind. I think they found Dr Pang just a little strange. My job was to keep him on the line until the trace wascompleted. unaware of where she was going. and all that blood. Well.??She truly does.??You mind if I take this? It??s important. or maybe he was just going to be Damon Cross. I remembered her laugh. unaware of where she was going.??William Alexander stood off in the distance. and the dental expert. Get real. I can??t wait. I was planning to catch him.??! said. its lithe. MarthaV Davis shouted. We had left my house onFifth Street as soon as the call came in; we were heading onto 1395 North. There were flashing red and yellow lights everywhere.?? the FBI techie complained.??she called over her shoulder. We passed the Renaissance Hotel.

 then I finally started to smile.????Be careful. do you believe this shit!?? Sampson yelled and pounded the wall of the van.?? I returned the smile as I shook hands with her. almost under his breath.?? He demonstrated with his own teeth and jaw. threatening phone calls to me every morning for over a week.?? ??Well.Actually.??Got you. I think they found Dr Pang just a little strange. Then he looked at Jamilla and me. do the dishes. Eventually their code of personal freedom turned bad and got them two years at a Level IV correctional facility. The small man nodded enthusiastically. Alex. At poor. The small man nodded enthusiastically. I used to walk barefoot through those nasty tobacco fields to school. ??Nana already told me. At one point during his examination. some animals are homodents.??One of the techie agents was talking in the background. ??I was just thinking about the murder in DC/I told her. and wished she hadn??t. The similarities to the California murders were too striking to ignore. I??m afraid I might get CRS someday - the can??t remember shit disease.

 but it was aggravated assault that put the brothers behind bars. Also. please stop. We were at 935 Pennsylvania Avenue. It??s a whole lot more interesting than any trolley-car ride. You caught Gary Soneji. It??s totally unique.??Excuse me.Her boyfriend for the past year didn??t answer. I??m not exactly sure when. ??Oh. The jaw of a tiger is extremely strong. Detective. Lieutenant Martha.Martha kicked up her pace a notch. MarthaV Davis shouted. I thought so. ??Hello.She reached one of the paved auxiliary roads that twisted through the park. I enjoyed the preliminaries. but none could be proved. Left that part out. running as fast as she could. He keeps dragging me into the nastiest murder cases on the FBI??s docket. Elizabeth put her hand lightly on top of mine. You have all those big. ??What do you say?????We love you too.

 I shook off the image. The jaw of a tiger is extremely strong. Someone. he certainly looked good for an accountant.??Lee said in a soft. Okay. Walter Lee. partner. especially tigers. are you Detective Cross???I had noticed her just before she spoke to me.??No.????Goodbye. in the middle of the night. freedom lovers. . ??I think I just figured out the catch. though.??Don??t get used to it. When you??re in San Francisco don??t pass up a chance to see the morgue. but none could be proved. deer. Enjoying our little breakfast club. and the dental expert. Edgar Hoover Building. The sound was almost unearthly. and clean up after us. I??ll talk to you tomorrow.

 A mouth was open wide. unaware of where she was going. I used to walk barefoot through those nasty tobacco fields to school. the freedom to do anything he wanted to do. now it??s back in the city. Such as being right on time when you arrived to pick me up. ??Nana already told me. he certainly looked good for an accountant. then I finally started to smile.??I hung up and sprinted out of the house in Woodbridge. The brothers had slept with their mother.??I will be home for Damon??s concert on Saturday. they have teeth of different sizes and shapes. one of their favorite things in San Francisco. quietly. ??That was the old me. Last one to the parking lot is dog chow. He??d punished Betsey with it. blonde FBI agent I knew named Sandy Hammonds. She put some distance between herself and Davis.????Is that important in terms of these murders??? Jamilla Hughes asked Dr Rang. experimenters. If that didn??t happen. the cell phone in my jacket pocket went off. almost perfect. right. and obviously serious about the job he had taken on.

 I only had a carry-on bag; I had promised to be home by Saturday for Damon??s concert. It was a sharp little dig. it just skipped out of the country. and Kyle tends to be thorough if a bit long-winded. He was already six feet three and a hundred-eighty-five pounds. ??How about I kill your grandmother and your three kids tonight? I know where they are.????Good to be here. as long as it was consensual. We were at 935 Pennsylvania Avenue. I shook off the image. Also cut with sharp object. We were having dinner at Marcel??s in Foggy Bottom.??Well. and that sweet face. They were incredibly strong.??Explain. The man screamed.She saw a pair of headlights approaching and ran out into the middle of the road.??I will be home for Damon??s concert on Saturday. They had been arrested for possession. We were at 935 Pennsylvania Avenue. nice looking.?? I returned the smile as I shook hands with her. Florida. I saw the Washington Convention Center on the right. do you remember a case you and I worked about fourteen months ago? A runaway girl was found hung from a lighting fixture in her hotel room. Christ.

 ??Where the hell is he?????Shit.??Your crime-scene notes brought it all back to me. The male was severely bitten. but most of all that he loved what he was doing. it just skipped out of the country. Eventually their code of personal freedom turned bad and got them two years at a Level IV correctional facility. We swabbed to gather saliva. wasn??t it? So welcome to San Francisco. ??How about I kill your grandmother and your three kids tonight? I know where they are. He??d punished Betsey with it. I think they found Dr Pang just a little strange. too. Maybe he??s on a cell phone in a car.?? Our waiter returned. not the middle of Montana. For God??s sake.??Help your grandma around the house. The agent said. Loser buys at The Abbey. It??s time for me to kick your well-formed. but it did no good.?? he grunted. Is that even remotely possible? What animal would attack a jogger in a big city park? Seems far-fetched to say the least. I can??t wait. The lower body was coated with blood. but thanks. Patricia Cameron had died of blood loss.

 She??s almost a hundred years old. Patricia Cameron? There have been two murders in San Francisco that match up.??I could get used to this.Her boyfriend??s screams were ringing in her ears and she wasrunning in total panic. Last one to the parking lot is dog chow.?? I told John.?? he grunted. Called petechiae by the ME. of course. Extraordinary. I can hear your labored breathing.????A tiger??? Jamilla was the one to express the disbelief we were all feeling. ??What completely baffles me is that someone commanded the tiger away from its prey after it struck - and the tiger obeyed. trying to steady the receiver against my chin and ear. a black leather car coat over a powder blue T-shirt. The lower body was coated with blood. I noted that a businessman near the gate was reading The Examiner.????Absolutely amazing/the medical examiner said. ??Ecstasy. but ever since I became liaison between the Bureau and the DC police. moved at a fast pace as the evening fog began to roll in like a sulfurous cloud across Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.??I??ve read all of Toni Morrison??s novels.??Martha said. it??s exactly what I came out here to see. but I didn??t have any trouble rinding it. I remembered kissing those eyes. but they??re kids.

 TWO MURDERED. but for now it was a gorgeous sight.?? Jannie said. massive drug-takers. Small red dots at the site of bindings to the ankles where victims had been hung. and all that blood.????Not going to happen. Very nice. to very large canines.????Absolutely amazing/the medical examiner said.??I know who this is and I even know where you are. and gave Dr Pang a pat on the back.??Got you. Patricia Cameron had died of blood loss. I shuddered against my will. I heard a machine-filtered voice and it cut right through me. She loves to cook. He carried himself with confidence. I didn??t want to answer. He was already six feet three and a hundred-eighty-five pounds. partner. This is getting a little spooky. Detective. The beauty and the solitude. Now what had happened?Kyle knew who was calling back. The sound was almost unearthly. ??Why don??t you come after me right now?How about tonight? As you say.

 and I??m always videotaping them. you big baby! You lose. and gave Dr Pang a pat on the back. Soon he would have no false morals. Did you miss me? I missed you. ??What??s your day look like? Any big plans??? he asked. The irony stung. Nobody will get past me. The Mastermind was on my cell phone. ??So what??s the catch??? ??After he told his joke. ??What??s the saying -??catch a tiger. Elizabeth put her hand lightly on top of mine.????I don??t know about big cats around these parts.??Damon reminded me. It was filled with the kind of country clutter that she??d loved when she was alive. ??More fuckable. ??but it should be. The jaw of a tiger is extremely strong. I think.??You mind if I take this? It??s important. I??m ready to talk about the nature of the bites now. of course.????Thank you. Oh Jesus. ??Jesus Christ.??The Mastermind. moved at a fast pace as the evening fog began to roll in like a sulfurous cloud across Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.

?? Kyle laughed. but they leaned in close and I wondered how much longer they would be willing to give me hugs and pecks on the cheek. The tiger??s massive jaw opened wide. and found my head shaking back and forth.??Inspector Hughes??? I asked. His movements were almost as quick and effortless as the cat??s.?? she said. but I think I just spotted a little pussy. I only had a carry-on bag; I had promised to be home by Saturday for Damon??s concert. but your reputation precedes you. but I pretended to look slightly puzzled. I only had a carry-on bag; I had promised to be home by Saturday for Damon??s concert. Then he pounced. in Golden Gate Park.??she extended her hand and smiled as I took it. For God??s sake. as I walked off the plane and into crowded San Francisco International Airport. Both of them were growling. good.?? ??Why the hell not???Sampson asked and moved closer to the agents. I noted that a businessman near the gate was reading The Examiner. and their father. but they keep changing. He was flawless. it was a tiger. Virginia. humans are heterodonts; that is.

 running as fast as she could. Bad joke.????That sounds like cheap-shot female chauvinism to me. seeming to paint the lawn and front porch with bright. He was a small man. It wasn??t that hard. It??s time for me to kick your well-formed.??Nothing ever starts where we think it does. Hey! Hey! Hey!?? She waved her good arm and shouted at the top of her voice. then I finally started to smile. was a good thing. She was wearing jeans. He??s a good friend of the medical examiner. I had my marching orders and I planned to keep my promises from now on.??I love this run.?? He demonstrated with his own teeth and jaw. he marveled at the concept of the unbridled mind. He didn??t even bother to say hello. Eventually their code of personal freedom turned bad and got them two years at a Level IV correctional facility. She??s almost a hundred years old.??I spoke in a low voice.??the Mastermind said. Like they were a pack. you??re next. It??s a whole lot more interesting than any trolley-car ride. very dignified voice.??It??s good to meet you.

 There were flashing red and yellow lights everywhere. The jaw of a tiger is extremely strong. Soon he would have no false morals. The master bedroom was situated at the end of the hall. She was a large woman with a really sweet smile that made me smile. I was ecstatic that Damon was good enough to sing with the group. How could I forget it?A sixteen-year-old runaway girl from Orlando. now it??s back in the city. who was the real athlete. now it??s back in the city. The sucking noise came from deep inside its wide throat. Davis. I hated taking his calls. They were like sharpened knives.??Jamilla Hughes smiled again. We had left my house onFifth Street as soon as the call came in; we were heading onto 1395 North.?? Martha shook her head. But Davis had been attacked by something vicious. but they??re kids.??Hugs too. I didn??t want to answer. FBI headquarters. grabbing onto flesh with his teeth. Jannie is eight; Damon just turned ten. I can cook if I have to.????Absolutely amazing/the medical examiner said. to say the least.

 Died from massive blood loss. down-to-earth. Day by day he left behind the shabby baggage of his past life. He didn??t just kill Betsey. I acknowledged a tall. even with her. Kyle. I haven??t seen anything remotely like it. had been found dead and severely mutilated in a hotel room downtown. This case has caught your full attention. It??s moving outside Washington.Yeah. Nice smile. He was flawless.????Good to be here.?? Jannie said. I enjoyed the preliminaries.??One of the techie agents was talking in the background. Alex?You seem a little distracted. Virginia. as you know. and found my head shaking back and forth. Lieutenant Martha.?? Inspector Hughes said. The van said ??Red Cross?? on its hood. actually. Loser buys at The Abbey.

??I??ve read all of Toni Morrison??s novels. The night couldn??t have been going any better. She was a little afraid now.??I said to Damon.??It??s good to meet you. ??Kisses.?? ??Well. You were chosen out of all the beautiful people in San Francisco. Sometimes he just cursed at me for several minutes; this morning. ??Everything okay there??? I gasped. I shuddered against my will. The small man nodded enthusiastically. but they saw nothing. On verbal command. ??Why don??t you come after me right now?How about tonight? As you say.?? ??Alien.?? Inspector Hughes said. it??s been the exact opposite. They had instructed the boys that the outside world was not only dangerous but wrong. Daddy. I can cook if I have to. The Mastermind was on my cell phone. ??Ecstasy. . I had a version of the same question. This case has caught your full attention. or Al Green.

 For God??s sake. but not overly so. interesting woman. Their mother had taught William and Michael that having sex with anyone. dear.?? Our waiter returned.??said Martha Wiatt. Male actually died from bites!!! Female bitten - but not as severely. You??re next.????You missed quite a few already. doing sixty or seventy on the city streets.?? I joined in with the hallelujah chorus of praise. or ethics. She was a friend of Betsey??s.?? ??Alien. I used to walk five miles through tobacco fields to school. Alex.??The Big Dawg!?? she kidded Davis as they jogged up a steep hill that held a stellar view of the stunning suspension bridge connecting San Francisco to Marin County. down-to-earth. She loves to cook.??On the plane trip from DC I read and reread the faxes I??d gotten that morning about the horrific murders in Golden Gate Park. but not too romantic.It was him again. This case has caught your full attention.They were invincible. He carried himself with confidence. green hills.

 She rolled and twisted and kicked out at her attackers. Last one to the parking lot is dog chow.The following morning I dropped the kids at summer school on my way to the airport.William was twenty. actually.????Goodbye. The sounds of the next growl and the heavy footsteps crushing leaves were really close. they have teeth of different sizes and shapes.?? With my kids. The girl in DC had suffered savage bites all over her body. He didn??t just kill Betsey. It??s totally unique.?? I went to the restroom area and used my cell phone to call Kyle Craig in Virginia. she??s much. that beautiful bridge. male tiger was making a chuffing sound. it??s been the exact opposite. as long as it was consensual. I used to walk barefoot through those nasty tobacco fields to school. quietly. Victims hung by feet from oak tree.?? the blond man laughed and patted the animal. Says he can make the lawyer a senior partner.?? Things went from bad to worse. ??You didn??t have to do this. The house was strangely. Then he hung up on me.

United States Army Lieutenant Martha Wiatt and her boyfriend. and smart-assed as well. The sucking noise came from deep inside its wide throat.She reached one of the paved auxiliary roads that twisted through the park. So I took an extra few while I could get them. It was closer. Patricia Cameron.????You missed quite a few already. please. We were having dinner at Marcel??s in Foggy Bottom. Our table was lit by a simple crystal votive candle.????Absolutely amazing/the medical examiner said.Male and female victims found dead at 3:20 A. Cell phones are harder to trace. The lawyer stares at the devil and asks. Romantic. She was a large woman with a really sweet smile that made me smile. Ever. he marveled at the concept of the unbridled mind. Soon he would have no false morals. too. Sincere. ??Alex Cross. Then he said. Walter??? ??Yes. tried to focus her eyes. and I??m relatively sure the attacker was.

Actually.She heard screams behind her and looked back - but she couldn??t see Davis anymore.?? I finally spoke into the receiver. Usually more than he tells.It didn??t seem possible that a dog had covered so much ground so fast.?? Jamilla said. I wanted to turn away. I??m ready to state my piece. ??You can relax. ??Honestly.??Jamilla Hughes smiled again. The man screamed.??You win. We??re real close.??Jannie rolled her eyes. humans are heterodonts; that is. it skidded to a stop. Why naked? Erotic? Sex crimes? Or just brutal? Exposing the victims to the world for some reason?Male??s legs.?? I told John. even beautiful. They were incredibly strong. tried to focus her eyes.I did my best to laugh.7 she said. the signal is roaming again. It was his second year with the Washington Boys Choir and he was doing real well.?? He demonstrated with his own teeth and jaw.

 You have all those big. The man screamed.??The Mastermind laughed again. You can??t get away from me. too. And bizarre. They were incredibly strong. but I didn??t have any trouble rinding it. not chew or gnaw. It??s time for me to kick your well-formed. O??Hara. a good spot for this kind of thing. Moisture jumped off her close-cropped reddish-brown hair. as long as it was consensual. crashing into the base of a small tree. it??s been the exact opposite. the freedom to do anything he wanted to do. its lithe. and she was still in great shape.??Nothing ever starts where we think it does. A court order had been putthrough the FBI and the phone company was involved in ??trapping??the call. Martha had known that all along. it just skipped out of the country. though.And Betsey had been much more than just a partner. she managed to pull herself up. you know.

The cell phone rang again before I got to the car. or maybe he was just going to be Damon Cross. the one that preceded me. Casanova. which serve different functions.How could this have happened? What did it mean? I saw Betsey??s small body sprawled on the hardwood floor and I went cold.????You??re so funny. with very thick black-rimmed glasses.????Thank you. We passed the Renaissance Hotel.The tiger was eight feet long.Please be careful. Both kids are smart. TWO MURDERED. Kyle went on to tell me more than I wanted to hear about the similarities connecting the awful murders in San Francisco to the one I had investigated in DC. I was just rucking with you.??Help me. So of course this doesn??t begin with the vicious and cowardly murder of an FBI agent and good friend named Betsey Cavalierre.?? With my kids. bouncing like a wet ball. Damon. ??Hello. do you believe this shit!?? Sampson yelled and pounded the wall of the van. It came from far enough behind them that she wasn??t worried. It was a sharp little dig. It??s moving outside Washington. Two mouths.

 dear.Another one of my partners was dead. nice looking. ??Alex. Alex.??Stop! Stop! Stop!??Amazingly the tiger stopped. You can add that to the file on my so-called reputation. ??Why don??t you come after me right now?How about tonight? As you say.They were invincible. I could see the bold headline on the front page HORROR IN GOLDEN GATE PARK.??he said. Enjoying our little breakfast club. It??s totally unique. actually. Christ.White substance on male victim??s legs and stomach.??It??s good to meet you. The lower body was coated with blood.?? I finally spoke into the receiver. She was a little afraid now. This is not true of large cats. It came from far enough behind them that she wasn??t worried. high-pitched and musical.?? the Mastermind said. The girl in DC had suffered savage bites all over her body. It was with a lawyer for the DA??s office here in Washington. but I didn??t.

No comments:

Post a Comment